Bad breath has numerous causes: odor-causing foods, tooth decay, gum disease, bacteria growing on the tongue, dry mouth, use of tobacco products, sinus or respiratory infections, some medical disorders, improperly cleaned dentures, inadequate oral hygiene or some medications.
Our office can help you get to the bottom of this common source of embarrassment. We can identify the cause of bad breath and if it’s due to an oral condition, we can develop a treatment plan to eliminate this problem
Here are some quick tips for preventing bad breath:
- Schedule regular dental visits for a professional cleaning and checkup.
- Avoid constant use of breath mints and other hard candies containing sugar. They will only temporarily mask bad breath and can lead to tooth decay.
- Brush at least twice a day with an fluoride toothpaste to remove food and plaque. Brush your tongue too. Once a day, use floss to clean between teeth.
- If you wear removable dentures, take them out at night. Clean them thoroughly before replacing them the next morning. You can purchase Corega Denture Cleanser at Global Smiles or stores like https://clicks.co.za/super-corega_denture-cleanser-36-tablets/p/236139?gclid=CP7KsYCFgdUCFQsR0wodA04Cow .
- If you feel you must constantly use a breath freshener or mouthwash to hide unpleasant breath, call or email us for an appointment to discuss treatment options firstname.lastname@example.org.